Author: Chic Eater
As a companion package with any nice fine dining restaurant, it usually comes with a rather intimidating facade. The somewhat classic dark-colored building exterior emanates a classy elegant atmosphere.
This young entrant in the culinary capital of Bali is brought to you by the one who established Sarong, thus sharing its cuisine concept that adopts the mixing of Asian cuisine and its culture and the refinement touch of their team of chefs. Their head chefs, Will Meyrick, are heading the kitchen of E&O as well, an upscale restaurant in Mega Kuningan, Jakarta.
The high ceiling interior complemented by dark-colored wooden furnitures and a large madame picture on the wall plus many other detail elements on the racks, poles, and walls provide the guests with the wow factor. Since I’m a sucker for great interior, this classy and romantic ambiance created help propel this restaurant as one of my favorites.
We ordered some selections from its appetizer and mains:
– La Lot vietnamese grilled mince pork belly wrapped in betel leaves with nouc cham (IDR 50,000)
– Twice Cooked Pork Ribs with black bean ginger & soy (IDR 90,000)
– Massaman Curry with chicken shallot pumpkin peanuts & tamarind (IDR 130,000)
– Jasmine rice (IDR 15,000)
And glasses of wines:
– Domenico di Liccio Italy (Moscato D’asti) (IDR 98,000)
– Leyda Costero Riesling (IDR 110,000)
I had been blown away by my dining experience at Sarong before mainly through their menu’s originality and creativity in terms of the use of spices and presentation. And now I think Mama San has succeeded to satisfy my taste buds again.
Mama San Kitchen, Bar & Lounge
Jl. Raya Kerobokan No. 135
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
P: +62 361 730436
Average spending: IDR 300,000
Daily: 12 pm – 5 pm, 6.30 pm – 11 pm